Learn How to Take Backup of your Android Device to Windows or Mac
If you have a Mac Desktop or Laptop :
First and foremost you need to install ‘Android File Transfer’ App. It’s an official Google program application that works on Mac running with Mac OS X 10.5 or the following upgraded versions. You also need to ensure that your Android device is running on either 3.0 version or up. Further to this the process for file transfer from Android to Mac is pretty similar to that of an Android to Windows. So once setup here’s what you need to do.
Follow the Steps :
- Plug your Android Device into a Mac USB port with a USB cable.
- Unlock your phone and swipe down on your screen –> Tap USB to charge to view more options.’ Select the Transfer File option.
- Open the Mac Finder or Spotlight Search –> locate ‘Android File Transfer’ option under the other listed programs –>
- Double click on the Android drive icon
- You can now view and transfer the data from your Android device on your Mac desktop or Laptop.
- 4 Once done, open the Finder sidebar –> Find your Android device under ‘Devices’
- Click on Eject to unplug the device from your Mac desktop or Laptop.