Instagram Filters: Instagram is an excellent social media platform, but it can be hard to figure out which filter is best for any given situation. Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! Here, you’ll find a list of the 7 most popular Instagram filters along with explanations of when they’re most effective and how to use them.
What are Instagram filters?
Instagram filters are a way for people to edit their photos on the app. Some people change the temperature of the photo, some change the color, and others make it more artistic. The more popular filters are Lo-Fi and Early bird, which give photos an artificial vintage look. To get this effect, you need to de saturate the photo, lighten it up, and increase exposure.
7 Popular Instagram Filters
- Lo-Fi : a film style filter that makes the picture look older and vintage
- Rise : an early morning light filter with a yellow tone
- Lark : this filter makes the picture look like it’s from the middle of the day with a pink tone
- Amaro : this filter is sultry and deep so it’s great for portraits
- Brannan : this filter looks like a faded photo that has been sitting in your family shoe box for years, making it ideal for vacation pics
- Kelvin : This filter takes your pictures and gives them that “Hollywood-feel” by adding a little bit of yellow to them
- Cooleda : The coolest of all the filters because it was made to mimic Instagram’s original filters
How to apply a filter on your phone
To apply an Instagram filter, first select the appropriate option on your device’s camera. You can find this by swiping to the left or right. Next, open the desired filter and adjust it to your preference. Finally, take a snapshot of your desired scene and you’re all done!
- Tap the filter you want to use on your phone
- Select the photo you want to edit
- Tap “Next” and confirm your selection
- Wait for the filter to be applied
Use filters for everyday social media posts, photos of food and travel, or to give your photography a more creative touch.